Skip to Main Content
CWRU Links
Access Services

Emeritus Appt Access Services

Emeritus Appt Access Services

Emeritus Appointment Privileges for Access Services

You may exchange your current ID card for an Emeritus card at Access Services Lower Level.  Office hours are 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.

Your new ID card will only give access to default areas. If any additional access is needed it must be requested the authorized person(s) in that specific department.

To obtain your emeritus parking permit you must complete an application that includes your vehicle information.  (If you currently hold a parking permit, you must return it before we can issue the emeritus hangtag.)

Please read the following information carefully.

  1. Emeritus parking privileges are offered to those who have been granted emeritus status by Case Western Reserve University.  They are not extended to spouses or relatives and remain in effect only for the lifetime of the person to whom the emeritus parking hangtag is issued.2
  2. Only one hangtag is issued.  If the tag is misplaced or lost contact Access Services at (216) 368-2273.
  3. The hangtag allows access to most Case-owned surface permit lots without entrance gates.  Small lots (such as lot 13, outside Adelbert Hall and Millis; 52A, near the Silver Spartan Diner, 52B, outside MSASS; and 33, behind the Church of the Covenant) are excluded.  The gate card that will allow you access to S-29 (the parking structure under the Kelvin Smith Library) and S-53 (the Veale parking structure on Adelbert Road).  There are other lots that require access via your Case ID card.  If you are interested in information about these lots and structures, call Access Services.
  4. An emeritus hangtag does not allow you to park in visitor or meter lots or in areas designated for Plant and Service Vehicles. 


If you have any questions, call (216) 368-2273.


Permit refunds are available only after the first 30 days AND if at least 30 days remain the permit. Permits are only refunded for the unused portion minus a $20 administrative fee. This exclude permits paid via payroll deduction.