Who are Alumni Admission Ambassadors?
Alumni Admission Ambassadors are alumni volunteers who directly impact Case Western Reserve University by assisting in the recruitment and retention efforts. Alumni Admission Ambassadors develop relationships with prospective students by sharing their Case Western Reserve experiences and highlighting the university's impact on their lives. They share the impact of Case Western Reserve University on them personally and professionally. In addition, they help to emphasize that Case Western Reserve has a broad national and international alumni network.
Who may join the Alumni Admission Ambassadors?
Alumni Admission Ambassadors must:
- Be Case Western Reserve alumni, parents, or faculty. Case Western Reserve undergraduate alumni are highly encouraged to participate in the program, however, we also welcome:
- Alumni from other university programs who are especially familiar with the undergraduate programs
- Parents of Case Western Reserve students
- University faculty or former faculty
- Be willing to serve as an ambassador of Case Western Reserve for prospective students and their parents with friendliness, enthusiasm, patience and respect. All prospective students should be treated equally, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or intended program of study.
- Be proficient with email and the internet and use both frequently. The Alumni Admission Ambassador Portal is your tool for identifying interviewees and submitting interview reports. An active CWRU Network ID is required to log into the Alumni Admission Ambassador portal.
What are the Alumni Admission Ambassador responsibilities?
- Complete admission interviews with prospective CWRU students in their hometown.
- Interviews involve personal contact between the alumni ambassador and prospective students and provide alumni to an opportunity to the selection process of future alumni. Alumni arrange 30-45 minute interviews based on mutually convenient locations (typically coffee shops, libraries, public places) and after the interview, alumni complete a report of the interview that will provide context for students' applications and aid the admissions committee in the admission process.
- Attend college fairs to represent CWRU in their region.
- Attending a college fair involves greeting students and families at the table assigned to Case Western Reserve University, sharing information about the undergraduate experience, answering basic questions and encouraging students to join the mailing list. College fairs are typically held in a large space such as a gym, cafeteria, hotel ballroom or convention center and usually last about 2-3 hours.
- Communicate with prospective and admitted students as part of alumni outreach.
- Outreach may include alumni sending e-mails or calling admitted or prospective students to introduce themselves as an alumni contact/resource, congratulate them on their admission, share their CWRU experience, and/or encourage them to apply, visit, enroll, etc.
- Attend regional events.
- The Office of Undergraduate Admission hosts CWRU informational sessions, admitted student receptions, and similar events in cities all around the country. Alumni have the opportunity to connect with prospective students at these events and introduce themselves as an alumni contact in the students' hometown.
Ready to join the Alumni Admission Ambassadors?
If you are ready to participate in this exciting and important program, you may register online. We look forward to your partnership!