Why give to the Annual Fund?
- Give to your passion. When making your gift, you may choose from various areas to designate what you would like your gift to go toward. Annual Fund gifts provide much-needed resources that enhance the overall experience for students. These include: student financial aid, scholarships, faculty recruitment, facilities maintenance, technology enhancements, library collections and support for student organizations.
- Help CWRU and help yourself. Giving participation rate factors into the US News and World Report rankings. It is one of the reasons why CWRU has been able to steadily move up in these rankings since the arrival of President Barbara Snyder. We are now ranked 37 among all other universities. Moving up in the rankings makes your degree more valuable. The size of gifts may vary but their impact on participation is the same. The fact that we give is just as important as the amount.
- Stand up for your alma mater. Annual gifts from alumni serve as a continuing endorsement of CWRU. Corporations and foundations that consider funding look first to see if the institution is helping itself. A high percentage of alumni giving is evidence of a strong institution.
- Pay it forward. Alumni, Faculty, Staff and Friends of the University gave to help make your education possible. Help ensure that future students have the same educational opportunities that you did. A gift of any size can help make this happen!
- Make it possible. Tuition only covers about 70% of an undergraduate education at Case Western Reserve University and 84% of students are on some form of financial aid. The money raised for the Annual fund each year is one of the few sources of income bridging the gap between what tuition provides and the total operating budget.