Choosing an Internship or Research Project
Choosing a summer internship or research project can seem like a daunting task. This page is designed as a resource to aid you in finding a project suitable for you. However, it is not meant to be the only resource you turn to in finding summer work.
Faculty members are probably your most useful resource and you should go to them with questions about which programs to apply to. Once you have been accepted to a program (or several!), you should ask past and current students about the advisor you will be working with.
You need an advisor that you can work well with, and is dedicated to working with you. While other considerations such as pay and housing are also important, it is no exaggeration to say that the right advisor can make or break a program.
Research and Internships
- Scholarships for Women
- Engineering Scholarships and Grants
- NASA One Stop Shopping Initiative
- Physical and Life Sciences Scholarships and Grants
- Mathematics Scholarships and Grants
- Graduate Scholarships and Grants
- STEM Opportunities at Women's Colleges
- CWRU Undergraduate Scholarships
- National Fellowships and Scholarships for Undergraduate Students at CWRU
- Graduate Student Funding Opportunities