case western reserve university



Borrowing Materials from the University Archives

Recalling Records
Your office may recall records that you transferred to the Archives as long as the records have not been processed. You must provide the following information:
  • •Accession number
  • •Box number
  • •Folder title
For example:
A98-027, box 1, Bolton-Brush Center 1991-92

If you recall an entire box, you need only give the accession and box number.

  Reference archivists will provide information or copies from processed records, but you may not recall records after they are processed.
Pick-up and Return
You may pick up or return boxes or folders from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. at:

University Archives
University West, Room 20

You may pick up or return folders only (not boxes) from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. at:

Office of the President and Provost,
Adelbert Hall, Room 216

Requests received before 4:00 p.m. will be delivered to Adelbert and available the next day.

Archival records must not be sent through Campus or U.S. Mail.