Case Western Reserve's Non-Discrimination Policy includes protections against discrimination based on gender identity or expression.
- Bathroom Inventory
- Gender Change Policy
- Gender Inclusive Housing Options for 2015/16
- Preferred First Name Email Alias
- Trans Lifeline - (877) 565-8860
- For transgender people currently in need of support and assistance. This helpline is staffed by transgender people for transgender people, and is supported by donors.
TransFamily of Cleveland was founded to provide support and education for transgender persons, their families, friends, and significant others. We are associated with PFLAG to promote awareness of transgender persons and their issues. The TransFamily support group meets the Second Saturday of every month 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM.
The GenderQueer discussion group meets every Thursday at The LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland (6600 Detroit Ave) at 6 PM. This group is led by community members and is open to all non-binary folks. MTF, FTM, Bi-gender, A-gender, GenderQueer, Gender-Fluid, Questioning, etc. For more information, contact Maya Simek at MSimek@lgbtcleveland.org or at (216) 651-5428 x 18.
- Trans 101 from Sylvia Rivera Law Project
- A basic primer about transgender people and identities
- Transgender Rights Toolkit for College Students
- A legal guide for trans people and their advocates
- Trans Student Educational Resources (TSER)
- Links to educational, medical, legal, and informational resources and services.
- Information about trans health, including transition-related care as well as general healthcare.
- Trans Women of Color Collective
- "Trans Women of Color Collective (TWOCC) is a national organizing collective led by trans women of color created to uplift the narratives, leadership, and lived experience of trans folks of color. Historically, we have been the catalyst of change for social justice movements. TWOCC works to empower our community and allies to create and sustain revolutionary change!"
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project
- "The Sylvia Rivera Law Project works to guarantee that all people are free to self-determine gender identity and expression, regardless of income or race, and without facing harassment, discrimination or violence."
- Transgender Law and Policy Institute
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force - Transgender Issues
- International Foundation for Gender Education
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- TG Forum
- The Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction
- National Coalition for LGBT Health
- Healthy Bodies, Safer Sex
- A comprehensive guide to safer sex, relationships, and reproductive health for trans or non-binary people and their partners.