University Program, College Program and the Medical Scientist Training Program
- June 2, 2017: AMCAS 2016-2017 application becomes available.
- July 1, 2017: Earliest date that medical schools will receive verified primary AMCAS applications.
- November 1, 2017: Latest filing date through AMCAS for consideration of primary AMCAS application.
- July 1 - November 1: Our Admissions Office receives verified AMCAS primary applications and electronically invites all applicants to complete Case's Secondary Application.
- December 1, 2017: Deadline to submit the secondary application.
* Important notes*
*The AMCAS verification processing can take up to 4-6 weeks from the time that your application and all required official transcripts are received at AMCAS, and can take significantly longer during peak processing times. Medical Schools do not receive your application until it is verified by AMCAS.
* Letters of Recommendation - It is acceptable to have your letters sent to AMCAS before your completed Secondary Application is received by our office. However, your application will not be reviewed until you have submitted a completed secondary application and all Letters of Recommendation have been received by AMCAS.
- Early July, 2017: Earliest filing date for submitting the electronic secondary application.
- December 1, 2017: Latest filing date for submitting the electronic secondary application. It is to your advantage to complete the secondary in a timely manner and not to wait until the deadline to submit the secondary application.
- August - December 1: Admissions receives and reviews completed applications. Qualified applicants are electronically invited to schedule an interview at CWRU.
- September - February: Interviewing season.
- April 20-21, 2018: Second Look Weekend for applicants accepted to the University Program
- April 30, 2018: Accepted University Program applicants - Notify the University Program of your final decision regarding your intention to attend CWRU and release acceptances to other schools.
- April - July: Case Western Reserve may accept students that were placed on the alternate list.
- March TBD: Second Look Weekend for the applicants accepted to Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine.
- April 30, 2018: Accepted College Program applicants - Notify CCLCM of your final decision regarding your intention to attend CCLCM and release acceptances to other schools.
- April - July: The College Program may accept students that were placed on the alternate list.
- April, 2017 TBD: Second Look Weekend for applicants accepted to MSTP.
- April 30, 2018: Accepted MSTP applicants - Notify MSTP of your final decision regarding your intention to attend MSTP and release acceptances to other schools.
All Accepted Applicants
- April - July: Case Western Reserve may accept students placed on the alternate list.
- July, 2018: Classes begin!
- Please review the AAMC Recommendations for Applicants to understand your responsibilities in this portion of the matriculation process.
- July, 2018: White Coat Ceremony, Severance Hall