Anant Madabhushi, PhD
Professor, Departments of Biomedical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Division of General Medical Sciences, Urology, Radiology, Pathology; Director, Center for Computational Imaging and Personalized Diagnosticsanant.firstname.lastname@example.org 216.368.8519 (o)
Case Western Reserve University
Case School of Engineering
Wickenden, Room 523
2071 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
Cleveland, OH 44106-7207
- Quantitative image analysis
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Cancer imaging
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Carotid plaque
- Digital pathology
The Center of Computational Imaging and Personalized Diagnostics at Case Western Reserve University is involved in various different aspects of developing, evaluating and applying novel quantitative image analysis, computer vision, signal processing, segmentation, multi-modal co-registration tools, pattern recognition, and machine learning tools for disease diagnosis, prognosis, and theragnosis in the context of breast, prostate, head and neck, and brain tumors as well as epilepsy and carotid plaque. Our group is also exploring the utility of these methods in studying correlations of disease markers across multiple scales, modalities, and functionalities—from gene and protein expression to spectroscopy to digital pathology and to multi-parametric MRI.
- PhD, University of Pennsylvania
- MS, University of Texas, Austin
- BE, Mumbai University, MGM College of Engineering
- Member, Ohio Department of Higher Education I-Corps@ Ohio Summer Cohort, 2015
- Member, Crain's Cleveland Business 'Forty Under 40,' 2015
- Associate Member, NCI Quantitative Imaging Network, 2015
- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, 2015
- Innovation Award, Case School of Engineering, 2014
- CDMRP New Investigator Award for Lung Cancer, 2014
- Conference Chair, Digital Pathology Conference, SPIE Medical Imaging Symposium, 2012-Present
- Program Committee Member, MICCAI 2011-2013
- Coulter Fellow, Wallace H. Coulter Foundation for Translational Research, 2010
- Early Career Award (Phase 2), Wallace H. Coulter Foundation for Translational Research, 2008
- Life Sciences Commercialization Award, OCLTT, Rutgers, 2008-09
- Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM) Research Award, 2008-09
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 2009-Present
- Associate Editor, BMC Cancer (2010-Present)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering (2009-Present)
- Associate Editor (Guest), Medical Physics (2008-Present)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions in Biomedical Engineering (Letters) (Oct. 2008)
- Technical Advisory Board Member, IEEE EMBS/ISBI, 2010-Present
- Organizer, Workshop on Prostate Cancer Imaging, In Conjunction with MICCAI 2010, 2011
- Co-Organizer, Workshop on Histopathology Image Analysis, Boston, MA, September 2010
- Co-Organizer, Workshop on Histopathology Image Analysis, Columbus, OH, June 2009
- Organizer, Tutorial on Histopathology Imaging: Clinical Challenges, Imaging Solutions, MICCAI, 2008, 2011
- Tutorial Chair, MICCAI, 2008
- Elastic Registration of Multimodal Prostate MRI and Histology via Multi-Attribute Combined Mutual Information, Medical Physics, vol. 38, pp. 2005-2018, 2011 (PMID: 21626933 PMCID:PMC3078156).
- Computer-Aided Prognosis: Predicting patient and disease outcome via quantitative fusion of multi-scale, multi-modal data, Special Issue of Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics on Whole Slide Microscopic Image Processing, vol. 35[7-8], pp. 506-14, 2011 (PMID: 21333490).
- Supervised Regularized Canonical Correlation Analysis: Integrating Histologic and Proteomic measurements for predicting Biochemical Failures following Prostate Surgery, BMC Bioinformatics, 12(1):483, [Epub ahead of print], 2011 (PMID: 22182303 PMCID:PMC3267835).
- Multimodal Wavelet Embedding Representation for data Combination (MaWERiC): Integrating Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy for Prostate Cancer Detection, NMR in Biomedicine, [Epub ahead of print], (PMID: 21960175), PMCID: PMC3298634.
- Multi-Field-of-View Strategy for Image-Based Outcome Prediction of ER+ Breast Cancer Histopathology Using Spatio-Architectural and Vascular Features, Journal of Pathology Informatics, 2:1, 2012, (PMID: 22811953), PMCID: PMC3312707.