Candidates for the CRSP Master's Program should submit the following set of documents by the recommended due date of May 15th of the year of expected enrollment. For Summer 2018, Our academic year begins June 4th and our initial course, CRSP 401 ("Introduction to Clinical Research") starts July 2nd. To enroll in CRSP 401 as a non-degree student or postgraduate auditor, please visit CRSP 401. The Admissions Committee will review applications, arrange interviews and select candidates who will be offered positions. Any training program directors and research mentors will be notified concurrently with the candidates.
Note: For students in the Master's A Pathway, you will need to have obtained a Research Mentor by the end of your first fall semester.
CRSP M.S. Application Packet
- Complete and submit an online application through the ApplyYourself Application Network. A non-refundable application fee of $50 is required to submit the online application to Case Western Reserve University. For a step-by-step guide for completing the online application, registering, parking, opting out of one-to-one fitness and waiving the health fee, please view, On-Line Master's Application Guide (PDF).
- Three recommendation letters, either through the online application's recommendation forms, or three individual unopened sealed envelopes
- Letters must be 1 1/2 - 2 pages in length
- Recommender must indicate that he/she is recommending the student for the "Master's in Clinical Research program"
- Submit, as an attachment to your online application, your recent Curriculum Vitae/Resume, including previous research experience if any
- GRE or MCAT test results (for those students in the Master's B Pathway only)
- Official transcripts for all higher education degrees (original language and English translational versions)
- ECFMG (if applicable)
- If you are an international student, and have not received a degree from a U.S. college/university, you need to submit scores for one of the following:
- TOEFL (90 on internet-based version, or 577 on paper version)
- IELTS (7.0 or higher)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE--Academic) [61 or higher]
- USMLE part 2
- Submit, as an attachment to your online application, your Personal Statement, which should be single spaced and 2-3 pages in length, mustclearly state that you are applying for the "Master's in Clinical Research Program"and should include the following:
- Your reason for seeking admission
- Detailed description of your research interests - potential thesis topic(s) must be included here
- Your relevant research experience, if any
- Summary of how the program will enhance your ability to achieve your career goals and conduct independent clinical research in your area of interest
Official transcripts and sealed recommendation letters should be mailed or delivered to the following address:Angela Bowling, MA
Populations and Quantitative Health Sciences
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Ave.Wood Building, Room WG 74
Cleveland, OH 44106-4945
All remaining documents can be sent via e-mail: