University Health Service provides health and wellness care, medical assistance, and health-related resources to students.
Visits to the Health Service are free of charge to all registered students, even if you have an outside insurance. However during SUMMER SEMESTER- some students may be charged an $85.00 summer health fee to be seen if they are not enrolled in credit hours. If you are unsure, please call us at the number provided below.
- All registered students are required to have either the Case Western Reserve University Student Medical Plan or proof of medical insurance comparable to the Case Western Reserve University Student Medical Plan. Insurance coverage must meet the following criteria in order to be deemed comparable.
- Insurance coverage is provided by a company licensed to do business in the United States, with a U.S. claims payment office and telephone number.
- Coverage is currently active and the student agrees to maintain the health insurance coverage throughout the entire policy year.
- Offers unlimited coverage per accident or illness
- Prescription medication is covered.
- Offers inpatient and outpatient medical care in Northeast Ohio or where enrolled in CWRU classes (emergency only coverage does not satisfy this requirement).
- Covers inpatient mental health and alcohol abuse care within Northeast Ohio or where enrolled in CWRU classes (emergency only coverage does not satisfy this requirement).
- Provides at least $25,000 coverage for Repatriation (repatriation provides transportation to the student's home country in the event of death).
- Provides Emergency Medical Evacuation coverage in the amount of a least $50,000 (medical evacuation is emergency transportation to the nearest, most qualified treatment facility).