How easily can I meet with my supervisor(s)?
Our chairman, program director and faculty members have an open door policy for scheduling meetings.
How often will I receive feedback?
As a resident, you will have a monthly evaluation, including constructive feedback.
What benefits will I receive?
- Free participation in meetings of the Cleveland Surgical Society
- Full expenses covered for presentation of scholarly work at national meetings
- Participation in the Residency Committee and in applicant recruitment
- Insurance coverage:
- Additional family coverage available
- Retreats to improve your residency experience
- Online system for communication, teaching and recording case logs
- Access to hospital and medical school libraries
- Scrubs provided and laundered by the hospital.
- Meal money for all on-call periods
- Optional 2 years of research
How much vacation/leave time will I get?
- Interns: Three weeks of vacation per year
- Other residents: Four weeks of vacation per year
- Five-week, paid maternity/paternity leave