Auditorium is named in memory of the son of Dorothy Prentiss Schmitt
The Andrew E. Schmitt Auditorium was
named in memory of the son of Dorothy Prentiss Schmitt, the only female
charter member of the board of the federated Case Western Reserve University.
Dorothy Prentiss Schmitt attended Vassar College (1920) and received a
library science degree from Western Reserve University in 1925.
Her son Andrew
was also an alumnus of the University (ADL'25). Dorothy received an honorary
degree of humanities in 1970 and was named an honorary trustee in 1969.