How To Get Started
In preparation for enrolling in one of our many degree programs, students planning to receive veterans education assistance from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) should follow the process outlined below.
- Step 1 - Apply for admission through the appropriate school.
Apply for military benefits through Veterans Online Application (VONAPP). Visit benefits.va.gov/gibill/ to get started! This process can vary from a few weeks to months, so be sure to fill out your benefit application as soon as possible. Once your application is processed, the VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), which provides details regarding your education benefits.
- Step 2 - Apply for supplemental Financial aid at CWRU, if needed.
- Step 3 - After admission, register for CWRU classes using the Student Information System (SIS) according to your school’s schedule and instructions.
- Step 4 - Supply the COE and Veterans Veterans Memorandum of Understanding to The University Registrar’s Office by visiting Yost Hall, Rm 135, mailing, or faxing both forms.
- Step 5 - Be sure to check your official CWRU email account regularly for important updates and communications.
Once the student's application has been processed by Veterans Affairs, they will receive two copies of their Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
The student will need to turn one copy in to the University Registrar's Office so that we are able to certify enrollment properly. It can be faxed to 216-368-4310, scanned and emailed to email@example.com, or delivered to Enrollment Services, Yost Hall, Room 135.
- The College Scorecard
- The College Navigator
- For Financial Aid information, including the Financial Aid Shopping Sheet and Paying for College resources, follow the Financial Aid link to learn more.
- For other information about CWRU, including policies regarding readmission, transfer credit, academic residency, cost of attendance, drop/add, and withdrawal, follow the Frequently Asked Questions link to learn more.