For detailed instructions on how to release an advising hold in SIS Desktop, review Releasing an Advising Hold.
To release an advising hold in SIS Mobile, follow these steps:
- Log into your SIS Mobile app or into sismobile.case.edu.
- Navigate to My Advisees on the left navigation menu.
- Click the + sign next to the Advisee whose hold you wish to release.
- Click Release Advising Hold
- A popup window appears asking you to confirm the hold release. Click Yes.
- The advising hold has now been released.
Just a reminder that Minor Advisors and Designated Advisors do not have the ability to release holds in SIS.
No. One hold is in place for both summer and fall and releasing that hold allows the student to register for both terms. Students select the term for which they are registering once they login to the system.
Yes. Twice a year, there is a batch process that runs prior to registration that automatically places advising holds on students eligible to register for the upcoming term(s).
No, there is only one advising hold per student regardless of the number of majors, degrees or careers the student may have.
Administrative personnel can request access to the Departmental Admin Center by submitting the SIS Security Request Form.