The Case Western Reserve University Social/Behavioral Institutional Review Board reviews non-medical research, such as social science and behavioral research involving non-patient populations, students, and members of the community.
- About the CWRU IRB and Its Members
- Meeting Dates and Types of Review
- Forms + Templates
- Local Policies and Federal Regulations
- CWRU SBER IRB Policies + Procedures
- Resources + Links
- Human Subjects Research Education
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quality Improvement Program (IRB Auditing)
The Office of Research Administration has implemented iRIS, an electronic protocol submission and processing system that has digitized CWRU's Social/Behavioral and Educational Research Institutional Review Board (SBER IRB) and CWRU's Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC). iRIS improves business processes, submission efficiency, and review and renewal of IRB and IBC studies.
Questions or feedback for the IRB? Contact any of the following individuals:
CWRU IRB Office:
Sue Ambro - CWRU IRB Manager
Lawrence Greksa, PhD - IRB Chairman
Kathleen Farkas, PhD - IRB Vice-Chair