Enhancements and updates to Sparta functionality are listed below, by date the changes were put in place.
July 25, 2014
- SF424 Enhancements:
- Resolved the issue where a staff person was generating a $1 cost share in period 1 of the 424 budget.
- Equipment Costs Mapping requires equipment description. This prevents frustrating error messages later in the process.
- Division Name will now populate with the Department Name if the Division Name field is blank for the Authorized Organization Representative (AOR). This will prevent an error that had to be fixed manually before proposals could be submitted.
- Funding Proposal Enhancements:
- Corrected an issue where the indirect rate would default back to the current 58.5% after selecting a different rate.
- We now prevent both the immediate and primary sponsor fields from being the same value. Prior to this fix, repeating the sponsor in both fields had caused a Sparta error message that confused users.
- The "Email my team" activity is now available to Department Administrators and Department Support Staff.
- Financial & Budget tabs now display the control account number.
- Workflow Enhancements:
- SOM workflows for the department of Medicine and divisions now route to the Division Administrator, instead of the Department Administrator.
- Workflows were updated to allow Department Administrators and PIs to Submit a request for a Preliminary account from the Pending Sponsor Review or Award Notification Received states.
- Fixed the "Submit for PI Review" activity to alert the PI when the funding proposals are sent back to the PI from states further along the workflow.
- IPAS Enhancement:
- We have added the 555000 control account to the rebudget list.
May 16, 2014
- SF424 Enhancements:
- Enhancement to allow successful submission if a DUNS number is entered with trailing 0's, or if the trailing 0's are omitted during entry in the smartform.
- Resolved issue where the opening and closing dates that were displaying for funding opportunities was a day earlier than what was posted to grants.gov
- Added validation to verify that an Activity Title is entered in Section A if there are values in Sections B, C, and E. Previously, if an Activity Title was not entered in Section A, values in the other sections would not be calculated and data to be missing in the XML.
- Implemented NIH validation rule which checks to see that a DUNS number is either 9 or 13 digits and has no special characters or letters.
- Disclosure Permission statement mapping to 424 from Funding Proposal is complete.
- Updated PI attestation language on Funding Proposal
- Letter of Intent - New Sponsor form is now available in this activity
- attestation - Approved Notice of Award state
- Enhanced the ability to allow Division Administrators to route funding proposal back to SOM OGC office.
- Division Administrators will have access to budget and funding proposal in this state.
- A new notification alerting the Division Administrators of status.
April 25, 2014
- SF 424 enhancements:
- Non-PDF attachments are converted to PDF during the Generate PDF activity attestation the SF424 workspace
- Additional NIH validations
- Automatic grants.gov status updates within Sparta
- Performance improvement for Submission attestation-check activity
- Added a reminder that the SF424 does not re-create automatically in the workflow
- NIH Page size validations - the validation which enforces the page size of each NIH attachment to be standard US letter size of 8.5x11 has been made less strict. These changes mimic the changes made by NIH.
- If the attachment is smaller than 8.5x11, no validation error occurs.
- If the attachment is greater than 8.5x11 and there is another NIH rule limiting the number pages in the attachment, then a validation error will occur.
- If the attachment is greater than 8.5x11 and there is no NIH rule limiting the number pages in the attachment, then no validation error occurs.
- If the attachment is greater than 9x12, a validation error will occur.
- Added control account numbers to Financials tab
- Budget Personnel Grid will be sorted by last name
- Added the ability to attach files when withdrawing a Funding Proposal
- Insurance Cost has been added to the General Costs dropdown
- Bottom Line Budget category has been added to the General Costs dropdown
- Added a check that prevents the Cost Share budget type being changed from Cost Share
April 11, 2014
- Mapping for R&R Detailed Budgets - updated mapping for travel and equipment costs
- Budget Justification Attachments - on view 7.1, fields have been added for budget justification attachments. These will map over to the SF424
- Follow On Submissions (FOS) - Updates to the calculations on the travel and general cost grids for Continuations, Resubmissions, etc.
- Update to Letter of Intent (LOI) button - should be visible across multiple roles.
- Removal of Summary Budget as an option
- Modification of routing of the IPAS when the PI has left CWRU
- Mapping of animal assurance number on SF424
- Hide activity of Notify SPA of Grant Status
- New Sponsor form updated that if the country is not USA or Canada a state is not required
This page was last updated on: 08/27/2014