The Staff Training and Development Committee shall identify needs and develop programs for personal and professional development of CWRU employees in order to improve performance, aid in career advancement, and increase job satisfaction.
- To maintain the Employee Resource Partnering Program (ERPP) for all new employees to the university by welcoming them to campus at the weekly HR orientation sessions and by providing useful information about campus locations/offices that will help them to be successful in their jobs. To recommend, review, and update the resources available in Human Resources in order to facilitate group and individual workshops for personal and professional development for staff on campus.
- To assist with ideas for Staff Development Seminars or Supervisory Briefing Sessions that may be of interest to employees on campus. In addition, the committee can assist by finding faculty or staff to share their personal expertise with fellow employees on personal and professional development.
- Continue to develop strategies and market personal and professional development opportunities through web based resources that bring the services directly to the campus community.
- Continue to research peer institutions to see what areas of training and development are important for staff.
- Continue to promote Staff Advisory Council, its benefits, opportunities, and rewards.
- April 11, 2017 - The Administrative Professionals Network held its second annual Professional Development Conference for Administrative Professionals: Unlock the Leadership Potential in Yourself and Others with keynote speaker Diana Bilimoria, PhD and emcee Bob Hall, Director of Professional Development and Learning. Over 80 attendees learned about Emotional Intelligence competencies, how to be more resilient, and how to be a leader in their communities. In conjunction with the conferece, the APN donated centerpieces from the conference to Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital and held a cookie drive to support the Girl Scouts of NEO. Learn more about the presentations on the APN website.