The Staff Training and Development Committee shall identify needs and develop programs for personal and professional development of CWRU employees in order to improve performance, aid in career advancement, and increase job satisfaction.
- To maintain the Employee Resource Partnering Program (ERPP) for all new employees to the university by welcoming them to campus at the weekly HR orientation sessions and by providing useful information about campus locations/offices that will help them to be successful in their jobs. To recommend, review, and update the resources available in Human Resources in order to facilitate group and individual workshops for personal and professional development for staff on campus.
- To assist with ideas for Staff Development Seminars or Supervisory Briefing Sessions that may be of interest to employees on campus. In addition, the committee can assist by finding faculty or staff to share their personal expertise with fellow employees on personal and professional development.
- Continue to develop strategies and market personal and professional development opportunities through web based resources that bring the services directly to the campus community.
- Continue to research peer institutions to see what areas of training and development are important for staff.
- Continue to promote Staff Advisory Council, its benefits, opportunities, and rewards.
- Now accepting applications for the 2016 Flora Stone Mather Center for Women Staff Educational Scholarship. The Flora Stone Mather Center for Women will offer 2 scholarships (for women only), in the amount of $1,000.00 each, for certificate classes (a series of 4 classes) at the Executive Education Program at the Weatherhead School of Management. Applications are due by 5:00pm on Monday, May 2, 2016. Download the application here (PDF).
- Steps for Staff 2015 - This year, SAC hosted the sixth annual Steps 4 Staff walk to raise money for the Staff Educational Enhancement Fund (SEEF). The walk was held on Friday, September 25, 2015 at 3pm throughout the University Circle area. We raised over $1,000 for staff training and development!
- Over $500.00 was raised at the 3rd Annual Valentine's Bake Sale which all proceeds went to the Staff Educational Enhancement Fund (SEEF).
- Thanks to the generous donations by the CWRU community, Staff Advisory Council's Training & Development Committee collected over 200 hundred winter items for Cleveland's Care Alliance (). This is the third year we have helped support the many homeless patients who are provided services through Care Alliance. Thanks to all who donated to this cause.