SAC Staff Training and Development Committee
The Staff Training and Development Committee shall identify needs and develop programs for personal and professional development of CWRU employees in order to improve performance, aid in career advancement, and increase job satisfaction.
- Steps for Staff 2015 - This year, SAC is sponsoring the sixth annual Steps 4 Staff walk to raise money for the Staff Educational Enhancement Fund (SEEF). The walk will be held on Friday, September 25th, starting at 3pm. Weather permitting, the walk will start at Adelbert Gym and proceed throughout the University Circle area; in the event of rain, the walk will be inside the gym. Walkers may participate for a $15.00 donation. Please use our online registration form to sign up in advance (payment options are included on the web form). Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to get some activity and have some fun with your fellow employees.
- Over $500.00 was raised at the 3rd Annual Valentine's Bake Sale which all proceeds went to the Staff Educational Enhancement Fund (SEEF).
- Thanks to the generous donations by the CWRU community, Staff Advisory Council's Training & Development Committee collected over 200 hundred winter items for Cleveland's Care Alliance (see attached letter). This is the third year we have helped support the many homeless patients who are provided services through Care Alliance. Thanks to all who donated to this cause.
- To maintain the Employee Resource Partnering Program (ERPP) for all new employees to the university by welcoming them to campus at the weekly HR orientation sessions and by providing useful information about campus locations/offices that will help them to be successful in their jobs. To recommend, review, and update the resources available in Human Resources in order to facilitate group and individual workshops for personal and professional development for staff on campus.
- To assist with ideas for Staff Development Seminars or Supervisory Briefing Sessions that may be of interest to employees on campus. In addition, the committee can assist by finding faculty or staff to share their personal expertise with fellow employees on personal and professional development.
- Continue to develop strategies and market personal and professional development opportunities through web based resources that bring the services directly to the campus community.
- Continue to research peer institutions to see what areas of training and development are important for staff.
- Continue to promote Staff Advisory Council, its benefits, opportunities, and rewards.