TOPICS & SERVICES
SAC supports the personal growth and development of all staff on campus by encouraging
educational training. SAC also offers information for new employees as they begin
their new job.
- The Training and Development Committee is most known for the Case Staff Educational Enhancement Program which includes the Staff Educational Enhancement Fund (SEEF) and The Eastwood-Inamori Staff Educational Scholarship (SES) to further support staff development.
On-Campus Employee Training and Development Resources
Administrative Professionals Network
- The Administrative Professionals Network is a peer network of individuals from all over campus who share best practices, communicate and encourage professional development, and serve as resources for each other.
Case Learns, provided by the Kelvin Smith Library
- Case Learns is designed to provide instruction to the Case Community on how to find, use and present information and information technologies. Most classes are FREE.
- Have you heard about Lynda.com? All CWRU students, faculty, and staff have unlimited 24/7 FREE access. Lynda.com offers self-paced learning videos ranging from 5-15 minute segments on topics including all the MS Office applications.
- Case Western Reserve University Administrative Professional Series (CAPS) is a training and development program that focuses on educating individuals on the financial management of administrative units at CWRU. Courses provide information on working with general departmental accounting, sponsored projects, purchasing, PeopleSoft Financials, and many more topics.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Enterprise resource planning is an integrated software solution used to manage an organization's resources. ERP systems integrate business management and administrative functions including human resources, accounts payable, purchasing and finance.
Human Resources Organizational Development & Learning
- The in-house unit provides: seminars for individual staff members, custom programs for departments and groups, organizational development consulting and assistance, etc.
L.E.A.D Certificate Program for Supervisors, organized by CWRU Human Resources
- Provides university leaders with the opportunity to increase their leadership competency through classes, individual coaching, assigned readings, exercises, assessments and networking through an intensive ten-month cohort program, participation is limited to 15 participants annually.
Office of Continuing Education
- The Office of Continuing Education extends Case Western Reserve University's College of Arts and Sciences resources to the community through a variety of non-credit programs.
Staff Mentoring Circles Program
- The Staff Mentoring Circles Program is a year-long professional development and mentoring program designed to enhance personal and professional skills through an open exchange and dialogue of informal support networks.
Weatherhead Executive Education
- A wide range of executive education seminars and certificates to enhance individual's leadership skills. Staff discounts are available.
Women's Leadership Development Initiative (WSLDI)
- A year-long program offering women professional staff an opportunity to enhance and energize leadership and career development skills through education, coaching, and building professional networks. Applications are accepted annually and enrollment is limited to 12 participants per year.
Do you know of additional training and development opportunities at Case Western Reserve University that are not represented here?
Are you interested in joining our committee?