Tobacco Cessation Group Program
An eight-week session is available each quarter throughout the year. A representative from EASE@work, our Employee Assistance Program vendor, leads each session.
This program is a step-by-step program for ending nicotine use through self-discovery and group support, including aspects of behavior change, importance of good nutrition, exercise and stress management. Faculty, staff, and students can participate in the program. There is no out-of-pocket cost for this class, but registration is required.
Learn more about the program and register for the January 2018 class on the CWRU Wellness website.
Quit Line Program - Individual Coaching
The Tobacco Cessation Quit Line Program offers science-based tools and resources so you can take control of your habit. You will be five times more likely to succeed than someone who does not enroll.
Benefits of the program include:
- No cost to you
- A personalized coaching program with a professional Quit Line coach
- Up to five convenient-to-schedule calls with your coach plus the option to call the Quit Line anytime you need help
- Coaches available from 8 a.m. to 1 a.m. EST
- Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy, including patches, gum or lozenges
- Clinical Guides with tips for quit success from the leading respiratory experts in the country
Read more about 800 Quit Line.
Faculty and Staff can enroll today: 1-800-QUIT-NOW
Students can enroll today: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216.368.5872.
SelfHelpWorks | Online Tobacco Cessation
The LivingFree program from our partners at SelfHelpWorks is a multimedia presentation designed to give you an experience similar to a live class. This 10-session program can be completed in as few as four weeks. Read more: LivingFree Smoking Cessation Program (PDF).
Faculty and Staff: To register, follow the prompts on the SelfHelpWorks page of the Wellness Website.
Students: To register, send an email University Health Services. The team will register you and email you the log in information. Please email or call (216) 368-5872 with questions.
CWRU Benelect Plan Resources for Faculty and Staff
Anthem's Health Assistant
This self-guided, online program supports quitting tobacco use in a way similar to telephonic one-on-one coaching. Or check out the Medical Mutual Quitline brochure for an overview of Anthem's cessation support.
Medical Mutual SuperWell QuitLine
This free SuperWell QuitLine offers support with quitting as well as four weeks of nicotine replacement therapy if needed.
CVS offers tobacco-cessation coverage under the CWRU prescription plan:
- No prior authorization required
- $0 copayment for all Anthem and Medical Mutual PPO and Med Mutual CleCare participants
- Annual limit of two cycles (12 weeks per cycle) for any combination of:
- Brand and generic nicotine replacement products (nicotine patch, gum and lozenges)
- Brand (Chantix, Zyban) and generic medications
- Prescription is required for all OTC products
The CVS Caremark portal allows participants to create a personal profile.
Student Campus Resources
The University Health and Counseling Services team offers tobacco cessation appointments for students at onsite. Appointments include 30 minutes with a Behavioral Health specialist and 30 minutes with a physician. Readiness to quit, strategies for abstinence and medication support will be assessed. Students may be eligible for free nicotine replacement medications. To make an appointment, please call (216) 368-5872.
For a printer ready version of the information on this page: CWRU Based Resources