|artsci.case.edu||CAS Sophomores/Juniors||March 1, 2018||See below|
The Peter Witt Scholarship Fund was established in 1960 to provide financial assistance to deserving students of The College of Arts and Sciences whose interests are in social work, city planning, or community involvement. Preference will be given to students living in the Cleveland area. Students applying for this scholarship should have demonstrated leadership and engagement in activities on and off campus.
1. Complete and submit the following to Dean Amanda McCarthy at email@example.com by the campus deadline of March 1, 2018:
- Peter Witt Scholarship Application
- two letters of recommendation
- an essay of no more than two pages describing his/her service activities
Preference will be for all documents to be sent in one singular PDF. Reference letters can be submitted separately by the letter writer either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or via U.S./campus mail to the Office of Undergraduate Studies, Case Western Reserve University, 357 Sears Building, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106-7028.
2. Applications will be reviewed and considered by the Peter Witt Scholarship Committee.
3. Award winners will be notified and then also honored at the Honors Assembly at the end of the spring semester.
|Application deadline (recommendation letters included)||March 1, 2018|
|Committee review and selection||March 12-16, 2018|
|Award notification||March 30, 2018|
|Academic Awards Assembly||April 27, 2018|
Value of the Award
The amount of the scholarship varies, but depending on need and other factors it may be as much as $5,000.