Dr. Wes Eckenfelder Jr.'s career as an environmental trailblazer spanned more than 50 years, during which time he has trained thousands of graduate students and professionals in the science and art of industrial wastewater treatment. To honor his dedication to the environmental industry, Brown & Caldwell created the Dr. Wes Eckenfelder Jr. - Brown and Caldwell Scholarship.
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Be a full-time student enrolled in his/her junior or senior year at an accredited college/university.
- Declared major in Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering or one of the environmental sciences
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent on a 5.0 scale)
- A resume.
- An essay of 250 words minimum on the following subject: Tell us about a personal experience that influenced your decision to focus on environmental studies.
- Two written recommendations, with at least one from a university official (e.g. advisor, professor).
- An official transcript of your academic record.
Value of the Award
The total amount of the scholarship is $5,000. Scholarship funds my only be used for university/college billed expenses such as tuition.
Brown and Caldwell
Attn: HR/Scholarships Program
1527 Cole Blvd., Suite 300
Lakewood, CO 80401