Latin commencement honors are awarded to the top 35 percent of the graduating class. These cutoffs are applied to degrees awarded in 2017 (January, May, and August).
- Top 10 percent: summa cum laude (3.91 - 4.0)
- Next 10 percent: magna cum laude (3.797 - 3.909)
- Next 15 percent: cum laude (3.636 - 3.796)
To be eligible for Latin commencement honors, candidates must have:
- Earned a minimum of 54 credit hours for evaluative grades (A, B, C, D) in residence at the university.
- Attained the required percentile ranking on the basis of all work for which grades are averaged at the university, including any grades earned before an academic separation.