Latin Commencement Honors
Commencement Honors are awarded to the top 35 percent of the graduating class.
- Top 10 percent: summa cum laude
- Next 10 percent: magna cum laude
- Next 15 percent: cum laude
The specific GPA cutoffs are determined each year after the awarding of August degrees on the basis of the GPAs of students who graduated over the past five years. These cutoffs are then applied to degrees awarded in the following January, May, and August.
To be eligible for commencement honors, candidates must have:
- Earned a minimum of 54 hours for evaluative grades (A, B, C, D) in residence at the university.
- Attained the required percentile ranking on the basis of all work for which grades are averaged at the university, including any grades earned before an academic separation.