Weatherhead School of Management
Bachelor of Science Degree
Candidates for the Bachelor of Science in Accounting and the Bachelor of Science in Management degrees, in addition to meeting the general requirements for bachelor’s degrees, including the SAGES and Physical Education requirements, must also complete the following requirements:
- A minimum of 122 credit-hours.
- The General Education Requirements of the Weatherhead School of Management listed below.
- The requirements for a major in accounting or management as presented in the Bulletin in the section devoted to each department or program.
- For all courses taken in the major department and for which grades are averaged, and for all courses taken to satisfy major requirements and for which grades are averaged, a candidate for a BS from the Weatherhead School of Management must earn a minimum cumulative average of 2.000. Major requirements include all required and elective work completed in the major department combined with required courses completed in related fields. Transfer students must complete at Case Western Reserve University at least half the hours required for the major.
- A minimum of 30 credit-hours of courses at the 300- or 400-level.
Note that most students pursuing a degree from the Weatherhead School of Management will complete three one-credit-hour MGMT 395 seminars to fulfill the SAGES Departmental Seminar requirement.
Majors Available for the Bachelor of Science in Management degree:
- Dean's Approved Major*
*Any student interested in developing a major of his or her own design for the BS in Management should consult with the Office of Undergraduate and Integrated Study Programs in the Weatherhead School of Management.
General Education Requirements of the Weatherhead School of Management (minimum of eight 3- or 4 credit-hour courses, totaling at least 26 credit-hours)
These requirements provide a broad educational foundation for programs in accounting and management, leading to the Bachelor of Science degree.
Course credit earned by Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, proficiency examinations, and transfer credit may be used to satisfy Weatherhead School of Management general education requirements.
NOTE: Two courses used to fulfill requirements for the major may be used also to fulfill the breadth requirements.
Arts and Humanities (6-8 credit-hours)
Two 3- or 4-credit-hour Arts and Humanities courses selected from:
- Arabic (ARAB)
- Art History (ARTH)
- Art Studio (ARTS)
- Chinese (CHIN)
- Classics (CLSC)
- Dance (DANC)
- English (ENGL)
- French (FRCH)
- German (GRMN)
- Greek (GREK)
- Hebrew (HBRW)
- History (HSTY)
- Italian (ITAL)
- Japanese (JAPN)
- Latin (LATN)
- Music - General (MUGN)
- Music - History (MUHI)
- Music - Popular Music (MUPM)
- Music - Theory (MUTH)
- Philosophy (PHIL)
- Portuguese (PORT)
- Religion (RLGN)
- Russian (RUSN)
- Spanish (SPAN)
- Theater (THTR)
- World Literature (WLIT)
Natural and Mathematical Sciences (14-16 credit-hours
|MATH 125||Math and Calculus Applications for Life, Managerial, and Social Sci I||4|
|MATH 126||Math and Calculus Applications for Life, Managerial, and Social Sci II||4|
|Two Natural Sciences courses *||6|
|*||Any two 3- or 4-credit-hour Natural Science courses selected from: Astronomy (ASTR), Biochemistry (BIOC), Biology (BIOL), Chemistry (CHEM), Earth, Environmental, and Planetary Sciences (EEPS), Nutrition (NTRN), Physics (PHYS)|
Social Sciences (6 credit-hours)
Any two 3-semester hour Social Science courses except ECON 102 Principles of Microeconomics* or ECON 103 Principles of Macroeconomics* selected from: Anthropology (ANTH), Cognitive Science (COGS), Communication Sciences (COSI), Economics (ECON), Political Science (POSC), Psychology (PSCL), Sociology (SOCI).
* ECON 102 Principles of Microeconomics and ECON 103 Principles of Macroeconomics are included in Accounting and Management major requirements.