Office of Undergraduate Studies

Visiting Students

Students at the high school or college level, who are interested in attending Case Western Reserve University for the summer term or during the academic year, are invited to submit an application to the Office of Undergraduate Studies. Detailed information on options for visiting students is listed below.

The Pre-College Scholars Program at Case Western Reserve University

Qualified high school students in Northeast Ohio may attend classes at CWRU as a post-secondary enrollment option. The Pre-College Scholars Program offers highly motivated students a chance to enroll in challenging college courses prior to high school graduation.

Visiting Students for the Summer: Non-Degree

Students from other colleges, universities or high school graduates who are not degree candidates at Case Western Reserve University may complete a Visiting Undergraduate Student Summer Application for non-degree candidates. Applications are reviewed as they are received. The review process is generally completed by early April.

Visiting Students for the Academic Year (Fall/Spring): Non-Degree

Students attending other colleges or universities, who are in good academic standing and eligible to return to their previous institution, may apply for full or part-time status. A visiting student during the academic year need not apply for formal admission to CWRU, but must submit the Application for Enrollment as a Fall or Spring Semester Visiting Student.

Visiting Students from Area Colleges or Universities: Cross Registration

Students from participating institutions in Northeast Ohio may enroll in courses at CWRU through the Cross Registration Program. Full-time undergraduate students in good standing may register for an undergraduate course without incurring additional tuition charges. The Cross Registration program is available during the academic year only and is offered each fall or spring semester.

International Visiting Students (Non-Exchange Students)

International students are invited to submit an application for consideration to enroll in the summer, fall or spring terms. We require the completion of the International Visiting Students Application for Non-Exchange Students. International students complete an essay, provide official transcripts and TOEFL scores and financial documents as outlined on the student application form.

International Visiting Students (Exchange Students)

The Office of International Affairs oversees the application process for students participating in exchange programs. Please visit our information page for Exchange and Study Abroad Programs.