Purchasing at CWRU from A to Z is an online course in the CWRU Administrative Professional Series (CAPS). It reviews the various ways in which one may purchase items and services at CWRU, as well as when to use each tool (e.g., Accounts Payable, Card Suite, Internal Billing, SmartCART and eProcurement).
The Accounts Payable portion of Purchasing at CWRU from A to Z explains when and how to submit a Payment Request. The eProcurement section reviews the eProcurement module of PeopleSoft Financials, including how to submit quotes, establish a blanket PO, create a contract, enter a requisition, use SmartCART and inquire on a requisition.
This class is a core class for the Certificate of Achievement in Financial Management.
To receive access to the Accounts Payable and/or eProcurement modules, the Online Security Form needs to be completed by a member of your department who already has access. Instructions for completing the Online Security Form are available at case.edu/its/caps/financials.
ABCs of Financials at CWRU (in-person CAPS course)
Navigate to connect.case.edu and log in with your CWRU Network ID and password. Then, select Training Catalog and choose Purchasing at CWRU from A to Z to start the training.
- Participants must register for classes in order to attend.
- Participants must provide at least 24 hours' notice to the CAPS management team if they are unable to attend. To cancel, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a a participant fails to cancel his or her attendance at least 24 hours' in advance of the class, a $25 no-show fee will be charged to his or her department.
- All CAPS classes will start at the time scheduled. Registrants should five to ten minutes early in order to be prepared for class.
- Registrants who are more than 10 minutes late for a class or who depart 10 minutes early from a class will not receive certification credit for the course. If time accommodations need to be made, registrants should email email@example.com at least 24 hours' prior to the scheduled start time.