Migrate a Sympa mailing list to Google Groups
Migrate Sympa (Lists@CASE) mailing lists to CWRU Google Groups using an automated, self-service tool. Prior to migrating a list, consult the Pre-Migration Checklist to ensure your list does not meet any criteria that should prevent it from being moved at this time.
Starting the migration
Read these steps carefully before migrating a list to Google Groups.
- Go to the Sympa to Google Groups Migration Tool by clicking the button at the bottom of this page.
- All of the mailing lists you own or moderate are displayed. Any list owner or moderator can migrate the list to Groups; therefore, you should coordinate accordingly. Learn how to identify list owners and moderators.
- Find the list you want to migrate to Groups. Click Migrate to Google Groups.
- Click Yes to confirm the migration.
- A blue progress icon indicates your list is being migrated to Groups. Status updates will appear throughout the process.
Note: The amount of time needed to migrate a list is contingent on the number of users subscribed to the list. Average lists will be migrated in one to five minutes. Allow more time if the list contains a significant number of subscribers.
- A confirmation message appears, indicating your mailing list is now a Google Group. The migration tool ensures the majority of your mailing list settings are mirrored in the Group. Review the Post-Creation/Migration Checklist to ensure your Group is configured exactly to your preferences.
Note: If you believe a mailing list did not successfully convert to Groups, contact the UTech Service Desk at 216.368.HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.