Direct Deposit Procedure
Employees can use the HCM system online Direct Deposit function to manage the automated distribution of their pay into multiple accounts.
*Note: Mid-month direct deposit account changes must be completed by 5:00 pm on the 1st business day of the month. End of month direct deposit account changes must be completed by the 15th of the month.
1. From the HCM main menu, click the Self Service link.
2. Click the Payroll and Compensation link.
3. Click the Direct Deposit link.
4. To set up your direct deposit account information, begin by selecting an Account Type from the drop down list.
5. Enter your bank's Routing Number and your personal Account Number into the fields provided. Note: Routing numbers must be 9 digits long.
6. Use the ( + ) Add a new row button to add another new account. Use the ( - ) Delete a row button to delete an account.
7. Enter your Account Type, Routing Number and personal Account Number into the blank fields.
8. Select a Deposit Type from the drop down list. If you select the Amount deposit type, you will need to enter a dollar amount into the Division/Amount/Percentage field.
In this example we enter 100.00, which would initiate a deposit of $100.00 into this savings account each pay period.
9. If you select the Percentage deposit type, you will need to enter a number that represents the percentage of your pay you wish to deposit into this account each pay period.
In this example we enter 25.00, which would initiate a deposit of 25% of your total pay into this savings account each pay period.
10. Please read the information listed beneath the Direct Deposit account fields.
- The Balance deposit type is required. All payments not managed by other accounts will be paid to this account. If only entering one account it should be setup with the balance type.
- Users are limited to 5 accounts.
- If an account is inactive or closed when payroll is generated, no payment will be deposited to that account. The Payroll Department will contact the user once the payment has been rejected.
- The A/P check box indicates the account to which any payments issued from Accounts Payable are deposited. Only one account should be selected.
- The Delete button will delete all accounts from the current record and revert to the previous saved record.
11. Click the Save button to save the account information listed.
Note: You can click the Cancel or Delete buttons to void the information and begin again.