MediaVision Courseware creates an integrated learning environment on the web for select classes and enables students to watch video of previous lectures or review sessions. This is accomplished using a service named Echo 360. Students can access course recordings through their class site on Blackboard Learn and have the option of viewing the videos on mobile devices. In Blackboard Learn, students may also create and contribute to discussions and notes in videos, bookmark sections they wish to return to later, and mark sections they find confusing.
MediaVision Courseware allows instructors to seamlessly access and edit their course videos, view valuable metrics on how often a video has been watched, and learn where in the video students are spending the majority of their time. MediaVision uses advanced multimedia learning tools to support learning success and enhance teaching. Instructors can upload presentations to correspond with their lectures and use interactive features such as polling to capture student feedback live in-class. Instructors can also add bookmarks on videos, answer student questions, and see what content students find confusing.
Personal Lecture Capture, a separate piece of recording software, is also available to give faculty the power to record videos anywhere, at any time, and distribute them to students through Blackboard. Faculty will continue to have the option of recording large, lecture-oriented classes through a scheduled camera operator.
To request MediaVision Courseware for your class, to learn more about Personal Capture, or to discover the features of the system, contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216.368.HELP (4357).
View your class videos and statistics in blackboard.case.edu. Log in, choose your course from the My Courses list and click the MediaVision link on the bottom left of the course menu. Make sure that your pop-up blocker is turned off to properly launch the link.
Provided here are some training resources for the most commonly used features:
- Instructor Overview - written documentation on all aspects of the system
- Adding a Video - shows how to upload a video from your computer or Google Drive into your MediaVision course (https://vimeo.com/124053234)
- Presenting a Class - details the interactive presentation features built into the system (https://vimeo.com/124053764)
- Managing Questions - shows how to find and respond to questions posted by students (https://vimeo.com/1240543)
- Viewing Analytics - a quick overview of the analytic features available for students, view rates, and videos in your course (https://vimeo.com/124054684)
- Personal Capture for Windows - explains how to download and use Personal Capture for Windows users (https://vimeo.com/125726577)
- Personal Capture for Mac - explains how to download and user Personal Capture for Mac users (https://vimeo.com/124054084)
View your class videos at blackboard.case.edu. Log in and choose the course from the My Courses list. On the course site, click the MediaVision link on the course menu on the left. Make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off to properly launch the link.
Provided here are some trianing resources for the interactive features available to students:
- Student Overview - written documentation on all aspects of the system
- Student Top 5 Features Tour - a quick video that shows the top 5 features used by students (https://vimeo.com/125804749)
- Studying and Reviewing Content - shows the best features for studying and reviewing posted lectures (https://vimeo.com/125735236)