Register for upcoming CAPS Sponsored Projects Accounting classes
Want to learn how to manage financial resources for sponsored projects at Case Western Reserve University? Registration is now open for five classes in the CWRU Administrative Professional Series (CAPS) that explore Sponsored Projects Accounting.
Read below for class descriptions as well as session dates, times and locations. Registration is required in advance at case.edu/its/caps/register.
1. Sponsored Projects: Fundamentals - Monday, April 18 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. in 541 Sears Building
This class reviews the fundamental issues of research administration, including basic issues associated with managing an award, roles and responsibilities of staff and governing cost principles.
2. Sponsored Projects Accounting: Proposal to Award and Pre-Award Service - Thursday, April 21 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. in 341A Sears Building
This class reviews the basic processes involved with SpeedType setup in the Office of Sponsored Projects Administration, including an overview of eURF procedures, proposal submission, award documentation and subcontract agreements.
3. Sponsored Projects Accounting: Project Monitoring - Tuesday, April 26 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. in 541 Sears Building
This class will cover basic issues associated with managing an award, including an overview of various reporting tools, re-budgeting, subcontracting process and cost sharing.
4. Sponsored Projects Accounting: Cost Transfer - Wednesday, April 27 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. in 541 Sears Building
This class reviews the definition of a cost transfer, the policies, procedures and governing cost principles around a cost transfer, and the roles and responsibilities involved in cost transfers.
5. Sponsored Projects Accounting: Project Closeout - Thursday, April 28 from 1 to 2:30p.m. in the First Floor Conference Room (140) of the Tinkham Veale University Center
This class provides an overview of the process to close a sponsored project, including the financial reporting process, reports received from Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA) and sponsor-required reports.
< Previous | Next >