Three Steps to Migrating Sympa Mailing Lists to Google Groups - Deadline May 31
UTech first announced that CWRU planned to replace the Sympa Mailing List Manager system with Google Groups in February 2016. Per that plan, Sympa will be decommissioned for the entire campus on Wednesday, May 31.
Using both the migration tools and training vehicles that UTech developed, tested, launched and implemented over the last 15 months, the CWRU community has migrated 1,750 Sympa lists to Google Groups. UTech remains committed to assisting members of the university community with the migration of their lists prior to the decommission date of Wednesday, May 31.
To successfully migrate your Sympa lists to Google Groups, please follow the three steps outlined below:
Step 1 - Determine if you are an administrator or member of any Sympa lists:
- Before connecting to Sympa, login to login.case.edu (only if you are not already logged in via SSO)
- Visit lists.case.edu
- Click the "Your Subscriptions" tab
- Earmark lists that do not end with "migrated-to-Google"
- Action for earmarked lists:
- If there is an "Admin" button next to the list name, you are the administrator of that list; follow "Step 2" below.
- If there is not an "Admin" button next to the list name, you are not the administrator of the list but you are a member of the list; please remind the administrator to migrate or delete the list.
Step 2 - Migrate your list(s):
- Use the Pre-Migration Checklist at case.edu/utech/google/groups/pre-migration-checklist.
- Use the Migration Tool at case.edu/utech/google/groups/migrate.
- Use the Post-Migration Checklist at http://case.edu/utech/google/groups/checklist.
Step 3 - For further assistance:
- Migration Training/Open House - Thursday, May 11, 10:00 - 11:30 am, Kelvin Smith Library, LL06A
- Contact the [U]Tech Service Desk at 216.368.HELP (4357) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
< Previous | Next >