Submitting a Payment Request For CWRU Employees
This demonstrates how to use the Financials Accounts Payable Module in PeopleSoft 9.2.
The following steps below outline how to request an advance in the Accounts Payable module.
- From the Main Menu, click the Accounts Payable link.
- Click Payments Request link.
- Click Payment Request link.
- From the Payment Request screen, click the Add button.
- On the Payment Request page, click Information and Procedures link. A new window appears with important information about the process. Please read before proceeding.
- Once you read the information and return to the screen, click Request Type drop down menu to select the payable expense type.
- Click Advance.
- From the Advance Type drop down menu, select the appropriate advance from the list.
- Miscellaneous Advance Travel Advance
- Permanent Advance
- Salary Advance (Payroll Only)
- For this example, we will use Travel Advance.
- Please Note: The “Is the Vendor an Employee” field defaults to Y for yes. Advances cannot be given to non-employees.
- Enter the employee ID in the EmplID field.
- A message will appear. Verify that the employee’s name is correct and press the OK button.
- The Employee’s name appears. Address on File in HCM message will appear in address area instead of the employee’s physical address.
The Return Check To field defaults to Direct Deposit. The advance will deposit into the bank account that was selected by the employee for AP reimbursements in HCM.
- Enter the amount of the advance in the Total Amount box.
- Enter an appropriate and thorough description of the payment request in the Description of Request field. This is the only description that will appear in departmental reports.
- Enter the amount of the payment request in the Amount field.
- The SpeedType and Account fields default based on the type of payment request selected
- For Travel Advances: When the Statement of Travel is reconciled following
completion of the employee’s travel, the remaining reimbursement is charged to
the employee’s home speedtype
- Enter an appropriate description into the Description field.
- If an Event Chartfield applies to this advance (optional), enter it in the Event field or click the Look up Event button to locate it in the search results.
- Please read the information that accompanies this advance type. It includes important information relative to the advance.
- Enter the name of the approver in the Approver’s Name field.
- Enter the appropriate number in the Approver’s Department field, or click the Look up Approvers Department button to locate it in the search field.
- Enter the approver’s fax number in the Fax field, if applicable.
- Enter the approver’s email address in the Email Address field.
- Click the Save button.
- You will see the warning page that contains important information on how to submit the payment request. Click the OK button after reading.
- Click the Print button.
- From the Windows Print dialogue box, click the Print button to print the payment request.
End of Procedure