Submitting a Payment Request – CWRU Student Reimbursements
This demonstrates how to use the Financials Accounts Payable Module in PeopleSoft 9.2.
The following steps below outline how to request a student reimbursement in the Accounts Payable module.
- From the Main Menu, click the Accounts Payable link.
- Click Payments Request link.
- Click Payment Request link.
- From the Payment Request screen, click the Add button.
- On the Payment Request page, click Information and Procedures link. A new window appears with important information about the process. Please read before proceeding.
- Once you read the information and return to the screen, click Request Type drop down menu to select the payable expense type.
- Click Student Reimbursement.
- Enter the student’s ID number in the Student_ID field.
- You will receive a message confirming the student’s ID was entered correctly. Click the OK button to proceed.
Please Note: All students are available as “vendors” on the Student Reimbursement Payment Request Form.
- The student’s name appears. Click on the Magnifying Glass icon in the Address Type field to select student’s address.
- In the Return Check To field, select the receipt method:
- Direct Deposit: Check will be deposited into a bank account on file
- Hold for Pickup at AP: Student will pick up check at the Accounts Payable office at the Cedar Avenue Service Center
- Student Pick Up at Cashiers: Student will pick up at Cashier’s Office
- US Mail to Address Listed: Check will be mailed via US Mail to address on file
- Enter the total dollar amount of reimbursement in the Total Amount field.
- Enter an appropriate and thorough description of the payment request in the Description of Request field. This is the only description that will appear in departmental reports.
- The Accounting Distribution group box allows the total dollar amount to be split between speedtypes if necessary.
- Enter the appropriate dollar amount in the Amount field.
- Enter the appropriate speedtype in the SpeedType field.
- Enter the appropriate account number in the Account field. Begin by entering the first two digits of the account (e.g., enter “53” for a non-salary expense). To search for the account number, click on the Magnifying Glass icon to bring up list of possible account codes.
- The account description defaults in the Description field based on account code and speedtype code selected.
- If an Event Chartfield applies to the reimbursement, enter it in the Event field, or click the Magnifying Glass icon to look up event.
- If the total dollar amount is being split between speedtypes, click the + button to add another distribution row where the new amount and speedtype will be entered.
- Enter the name of the approver in the Approver’s Name field.
- Enter the appropriate number in the Approver’s Department field, or click the Look up Approvers Department button to locate it in the search field.
- Enter the approver’s fax number in the Fax field, if applicable.
- Enter the approver’s email address in the Email Address field.
- Click the Save button.
- You will see the warning page that contains important information on how to submit the payment request. Click the OK button after reading.
- Click the Print button.
- From the Windows Print dialogue box, click the Print button to print the payment request.
End of Procedure