Submitting a Payment Request For Non-CWRU Employees and Vendors
This demonstrates how to use the Financials Accounts Payable Module in PeopleSoft 9.2.
The following steps below outline how to request payment for a non-employee and vendors in the Accounts Payable module.
- From the Main Menu, click the Accounts Payable link.
- Click Payments Request link.
- Click Payment Request link.
- From the Payment Request screen, click the Add button.
- On the Payment Request page, click Information and Procedures link. A new window appears with important information about the process. Please read before proceeding.
- Once you read the information and return to the screen, click Request Type drop down menu to select the payable expense type.
- Click Payment Request.
- Please Note: The “Is the Vendor an Employee” field defaults to N for yes. Payment requests cannot be submitted for employees.
- Click the Magnifying Glass icon next to the Vendor Lookup box to locate vendor in system.
- The Lookup Vendor screen appears.
Enter the first few characters of the vendor’s name in the Short Supplier Name field.
- Click the Lookup button.
- Select the appropriate vendor from the search results. If the vendor does not appear, attempt to locate the vendor once more.
- The vendor can be searched for by entering its name in the Short Vendor Name field. If the contents of the dropdown box to the right of the field displays begins with, the system will search for vendors whose short vendor name BEGINS with the characters entered into the field. To search for words or letters WITHIN the vendor’s name, click the dropdown box and select the contains list value. The system will search for vendors whose Short Vendor Name CONTAINS the string of letters entered into the field at any point in the name.
- The vendor’s name and address appears on the payment request form. Verify that the vendor is accurate.
- Decision: Was the vendor located?
Proceed to step #15
Proceed to step #31 on page 10 of this document
- The Return Check To field defaults to U.S. Mail to Address Listed. If for any reason the check should not be mailed, click the dropdown box and select Hold for Pick Up at AP. Make the vendor aware that the check will be available at the Cedar Avenue Service Center.
- If the vendor provided an invoice number, enter the number in the Vendor Invoice Num field.
- Enter the total amount of payment requested in the Total Amount field.
- Enter an appropriate and thorough description of the payment request in the Description of Request field. This is the only description that will appear on departmental reports.
- On the Look Up Account screen, select the appropriate account from the search results.
- The account description defaults into the Description field.
- If an Event Chartfield applies to this payment request (optional), enter it in the Event field, or click the Magnifying Glass icon to locate it in the search results.
- If the dollar amount is being split between speedtypes, click the + button to add a new distribution row. The new amount and speedtype can be entered there.
- Enter the name of the approver on the Approver’s Name field.
- Enter the appropriate number in the Approver’s Department field, or click the magnifying glass icon to locate it in the search results.
- Enter the approver’s fax number in the Fax field, if applicable.
- Enter the approver’s email address in the Email Address field.
- Click the Save button.
- A warning message appears containing important directions about submitting the payment request.
Click the OK button to proceed.
- Click the Print button.
- Click the Print button from the Windows Print Dialogue box.
- If the vendor cannot be located in the search results, click the Vendor Not Found checkbox.
- Important message regarding payment request appears. After reading message, click the OK button.
- Click the Supplier Information Form link.
- You will be directed to the Procurement and Distribution Services Website.
Click on the Forms dropdown menu.
- Under the Vendors section, click Supplier Information link
- Print the Supplier Information Form, complete it, and submit it to the office listed on the form.
PLEASE NOTE: If a new window does not appear, it may be due to a pop-up blocker preventing it from appearing. You will need to enable pop-ups from case.edu to see new windows appear from the system.
End of Procedure