Submitting a Payment Request For Non-Travel Reimbursement
This demonstrates how to use the Financials Accounts Payable Module in PeopleSoft 9.2.
The following steps below outline how to request a reimbursement for an employee in the Accounts Payable module.
- From the Main Menu, click the Accounts Payable link.
- Click Payments Request link.
- Click Payment Request link.
- From the Payment Request screen, click the Add button.
- On the Payment Request page, click Information and Procedures link. A new window appears with important information about the process. Please read before proceeding.
- Once you read the information and return to the screen, click Request Type drop down menu to select the payable expense type.
- Click Reimb Non Travel Employee.
- Please Note: The “Is the Vendor an Employee” field defaults to Y for yes. Non-Travel reimbursements cannot be given to non-employees.
- Enter the Employee ID # of the employee in the EmplID field. Press the [Tab] button on your keyboard.
- A message will appear. Verify that the employee’s name is correct and press the OK button.
- The Employee’s name appears. Address on File in HCM message will appear in address area instead of the employee’s physical address.
The Return Check To field defaults to Direct Deposit. The advance will deposit into the bank account that was selected by the employee for AP reimbursements in HCM.
- Enter the total dollar amount of the reimbursement in the Total Amount field.
- Enter an appropriate and thorough description of the payment request in the Description of Request field. This is the only description that will appear in departmental reports.
- The Accounting Distribution box allows the total dollar amount to split between speedtypes if necessary.
- Enter the appropriate dollar amount in the Amount field.
- Enter the appropriate speedtype into the SpeedType field.
- Enter the appropriate account number in the Account field. Begin by entering the first two digits of the account (e.g., Enter “53” for non-salary expenses accounts). Click the Look up Account button when complete.
- On the Look Up screen, select the appropriate account from the search results.
- The account description defaults in the Description field.
- If an Event Chartfield applies to the reimbursement, enter it in the Event field, or click the Look up Event button to look up in the search results.
- If the total dollar amount is being split between speedtypes, click the + button to add another distribution row where the new amount and speedtype will be entered.
- Enter the name of the approver on the Approver’s Name field.
- Enter the appropriate number in the Approver’s Department field, or click the magnifying glass icon to locate it in the search results.li>
- Enter the approver’s fax number in the Fax field, if applicable.
- Enter the approver’s email address in the Email Address field.
- Click the Save button.
- A warning message appears containing important directions about submitting the payment request.
Click the OK button to proceed.
- Click the Print button.
- Click the Print button from the Windows Print Dialogue box.
End of Procedure