Submitting a Payment Request For Petty Cash Replenishment
This demonstrates how to use the Financials Accounts Payable Module in PeopleSoft 9.2.
The following steps below outline how to request Petty Cash Replenishment in the Accounts Payable module.
- From the Main Menu, click the Accounts Payable link.
- Click Payments Request link.
- Click Payment Request link.
- From the Payment Request screen, click the Add button.
- On the Payment Request page, click Information and Procedures link. A new window appears with important information about the process. Please read before proceeding.
- Once you read the information and return to the screen, click Request Type drop down menu to select the payable expense type.
- Click Petty Cash.
- Click the Click Here to Open the Petty Cash Expenditure Form link.
- The Report of Petty Cash Expenditures form appears. Fill out the form and print it to submit with your payment request.
- Enter the employee ID in the EmplID field.
- Enter the petty cash custodian’s Employee ID in the Vendor Lookup field.
- The Return Check To field displays Hold for Pickup at AP.
- Enter the total dollar amount of the replenishment into the Total Amount field.
- Enter a thorough description of the reimbursement request in the Description of Request field. This is the only description that will appear on departmental reports.
- The Accounting Distribution group box allows the total dollar amount to be split between speedtypes if necessary.
- Enter the appropriate dollar amount in the Amount field.
- Enter the appropriate speedtype into the SpeedType field.
- Enter the appropriate account number in the Account field. Begin by entering the first two digits of the account (e.g., Enter “101020”).
- The account description defaults to Petty Cash – Open in the Description field.
- If an Event Chartfield applies to the reimbursement, enter it in the Event field or click the magnifying glass to locate it in the search results.
- Enter the name of the approver on the Approver’s Name field.
- Enter the appropriate number in the Approver’s Department field, or click the magnifying glass icon to locate it in the search results.
- Enter the approver’s fax number in the Fax field, if applicable.
- Enter the approver’s email address in the Email Address field.
- Click the Save button.
- A warning message appears containing important directions about submitting the payment request.
Click the OK button to proceed.
- Click the Print button.
- Click the Print button from the Windows Print Dialogue box.
End of Procedure