Submitting a Payment Request for Travel Reimbursement
This demonstrates how to use the Financials Accounts Payable Module in PeopleSoft 9.2.
The following steps below outline how to request a Travel Reimbursement in the Accounts Payable module.
- From the Main Menu, click the Accounts Payable link.
- Click Payments Request link.
- Click Payment Request link.
- From the Payment Request screen, click the Add button.
- On the Payment Request page, click Information and Procedures link. A new window appears with important information about the process. Please read before proceeding.
- Once you read the information and return to the screen, click Request Type drop down menu to select the payable expense type.
- Click Travel Reimbursement.
- The “Is the Vendor an Employee” field defaults to Y for yes. Travel Reimbursements cannot be given to non-employees.
- Enter the employee ID in the EmplID field.
- A message will appear. Verify that the employee’s name is correct and press the OK button.
- The Employee’s name appears. Address on File in HCM message will appear in address area instead of the employee’s physical address.
The Return Check To field defaults to Direct Deposit. The reimbursement will deposit into the bank account that was selected by the employee for AP reimbursements in HCM.
- Enter the amount of the reimbursement in the Total Amount box.
- Enter an appropriate and thorough description of the payment request in the Description of Request field. This is the only description that will appear in departmental reports.
- The Accounting Distribution group box allows the total dollar amount to be split between speedtypes if necessary.
- Enter the appropriate dollar amount in the Amount field.
- Enter the appropriate speedtype in the SpeedType field. Press the [Tab] key on your keyboard.
- Enter the appropriate account number in the Account field. Begin by entering the first two digits of the account. For example, “53” to find accounts for non-salary expenses. To search for a specific account number, click the Magnifying Glass icon to complete your search. For travel-specific accounts, enter “Travel” in the Description field. Click the Look-up button when complete.
- Click the Travel-CWRU Employee link.
- The account defaults in the Description field.
- If an Event Chartfield applies to the reimbursement, enter it in the Event field or click the Magnifying Glass icon to look up event in search menu.
- If the total dollar amount is being split between speedtypes, click the + button to add another distribution row where the new amount and speedtype will be entered.
- Enter the name of the approver in the Approver’s Name field.
- Enter the appropriate number in the Approver’s Department field, or click the Look up Approvers Department button to locate it in the search field.
- Enter the approver’s fax number in the Fax field, if applicable.
- Enter the approver’s email address in the Email Address field.
- Click the Save button.
- You will see the warning page that contains important information on how to submit the payment request. Click the OK button after reading.
- Click the Print button.
- From the Windows Print dialogue box, click the Print button to print the payment request.
- The final step is to fill out the itemized Travel Reimbursement Form. Click the Click Here to Open the Travel Reimbursement Form link on top of the Payment Processing screen.
End of Procedure