Blackboard provided a location for organizing and distributing course materials until Summer 2017. CWRU is now using Canvas for Fall 2017 and beyond.
Available online 24/7, Blackboard provides on-demand access to materials and allows for anytime learning. In addition to allowing instructors to share course materials, Blackboard offers:
- A wide variety of communication tools such as announcements and email lists.
- Collaboration tools, including discussion boards, blogs, wikis, and journals.
- Assessment options such as tests, surveys and assignments.
- The ability to collect, annotate, and grade student submissions within Blackboard.
- The Grade Center, an online grade book that can be customized to fit your classroom needs.
Blackboard monitors student performance and provides reports, which can be helpful for identifying at-risk students. The system can also send out notifications for upcoming deadlines and important dates, making it easy to make sure work is completed on time.
Blackboard Learn is hosted by Blackboard, Inc at its Virgina datacenters. Blackboard Managed Hosting clients (including CWRU) are promised a 99.9%/month uptime.
Depending on the severity of the issue, Blackboard, Inc SLAs are within 1 hour to 1 business day. Internal SLAs follow the standard FootPrints system.
Blackboard is used by faculty and students across the CWRU campus.
Get The Service
Go to blackboard.case.edu and if prompted, provide your CWRU Network ID and password.