Box is a secure storage and file sharing platform hosted in the cloud. Using Box, you can:
- Share folders and files with others
- Edit content
- Collaborate with others
- Securely store data
Box is the only cloud storage service approved by the university for storing restricted information. When using Box, or any other service, please follow the security policies in place to protect you and the university.
NOTE: Users should be aware that if they download Box documents containing restricted data to their local computer, the documents should be deleted from the download folders when editing or use is complete.
- Box provides web-based file storage in the cloud. Files can be reached anywhere, anytime, from any device; no VPN required.
- You have unlimited Box storage at no cost.
NOTE: an individual file cannot exceed 5GB in size.
- Preview available to view files without downloading or waiting for your computer to open.
- Versioning displays the most recently modified file so there is no need to rename and save. Version history is also available.
- Permissions can be set to determine who has access to files and how much access they have.
- Box Edit allows you to directly edit and create all files types supported on your computer.
- Box Sync allows you to mirror the data stored in your Box account on your local computer.
NOTE: Box Sync is not to be used with restricted data.
- WebDrive can be used to map your Box account as a network drive on your computer.
- Other features:
Save website bookmarks in folders
Box can be accessed via a computer running an up-to-date version of a web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari).
You may also download the Box mobile app from your device's app store to access Box from your smartphone or tablet.
Box is available to all current CWRU students, faculty and staff members.
Get The Service
Go to cwru.box.com and, if prompted, enter your CWRU Network ID and password.
NOTE: Restricted information must be stored in a group/departmental folder created by [U]Tech. If you are using Box for any restricted data, please call 216-368-HELP (4357) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure proper configuration.