Google Groups (Groups) is a mailing list manager available as part of Google's Apps for Education suite of services. Groups makes it easy for CWRU departments, project teams, student groups and other organizations to collaborate and communicate.
Groups records the communications between group members in topic-based forums. Groups also provides users with the list of groups to which they belong and a directory of other groups available to them.
With Google Groups you can:
- Create a distinctive email address for student and special interest groups.
- Communicate with all participants in a group by emailing a single address.
- Record group communications in an online discussion archive.
- Moderate member posts and assign posting privileges.
- Share administration tasks between members and manage member permissions.
- View a a directory of groups that you may join, as well as a list of all groups to which you currently belong.
CWRU UTech provides no-cost customer support for Groups through the Service Desk. Deskside support is also available.
Groups is offered free-of-charge to the university community, including all affiliates, staff, faculty, students and student organizations.
Get The Service
Anyone with an active "case.edu" email can request to create or delete a group. Once a group is activated, you can manage it at groups.case.edu. Additional information is available on the University Technology Google Groups website.
Google Groups is supported by University Technology, [U]Tech. If you have additional questions, or are having a problem, contact the Service Desk.