Project requirements analysis is the process of determining user expectations for a new or modified product. Frequent communication with users determines these expectations and is critical to the success of any project.
Gathering and analyzing requirements up front prevents rework, scope creep and miscommunication during any technological implementation. In addition, roles and expectations are set with regard to testing, changing and supporting the technology in question.
Clear understanding and documentation of requirements will:
- Reduce process costs
- Increase quality/reduce number of errors
- Reduce process throughput times
- Reduce training time/expenses
- Reduce number of internal support requests
- Reduce number of customer complaints
- Increase forecast accuracy
- Create better information quality