It's not too late to enjoy 2010 tax advantages. Transfers made in January 2011 can apply to 2010.

Whether they need the income or not, individuals aged 70 1/2 and older are usually required to take annual distributions from their Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA).

If you are in this situation, an IRA rollover may be right for you. By transferring funds directly from an IRA to Case Western Reserve University, you can support today's students and faculty and enjoy numerous tax advantages.

How it Works: Normally, distributions from your IRA are included in your adjusted gross income (AGI) and taxed accordingly. However, if you are aged 70 1/2 or older and choose to turn these payments into a gift to Case Western Reserve, you can give up to $100,000 tax-free in 2010 and 2011. If you choose, you can make a transfer in January 2011 and have it treated as thought it were made in 2010. IRA rollovers are a win-win for the donor and the university. Donors enjoy a variety of tax advantages and may suddenly be in a position to increase their giving to benefit the present and future of the institution.

Unique Benefits

Charitable gifts from your IRA can be given to Case Western Reserve without counting as taxable income, saving you up to $35,000 per year in federal income tax. Consider some other benefits. +Read more

To start a conversation about lowering your taxes through an IRA rollover to Case Western Reserve University, please contact the Office of Planned Giving at 1-877-477-1143.



Find the answers you're looking for
in our FAQ section.