Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) is seeking nominations and applications for a full-time, tenured/tenure track faculty member for the dual position of Chair and Director of the Periodontal Postdoctoral Program in the Department of Periodontics. Candidates should have a commitment to the institutional missions in teaching, research/scholarly activity, patient care and organizational quality improvement. Professional and academic experience must be commensurate for the rank of Professor or Associate Professor. The Chair of the Department reports to the Dean of the School of Dental Medicine.
- DMD/DDS or equivalent
- Board certification by the American Board of Periodontology
- Record of administrative achievement and ongoing leadership roles in academic dentistry/medicine
- Track record of sustained research and development with documented ability to attract extramural funding
- Collaborative management expertise with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with graduate and undergraduate CODA accreditation
- Ability to provide and teach conscious sedation techniques
- Doctor of philosophy (PhD) in a health sciences or related field
- Vision for role of Periodontics in Interprofessional Education and Interprofessional Patient Care
CWRU and Cleveland Clinic’s newly opened Health Education Campus (http://hec.case.edu/) is home to the CWRU Schools of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Nursing as well as the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine. The campus consists of the Sheila and Eric Samson Pavilion and the Dental Clinic and offers an unparalleled and state of the future educational experience for our next generation of leaders in health care.
This dynamic position commands a competitive salary enhanced by an attractive benefits package and a collegial work environment. Interested applicants should initially send a statement of career objectives and complete curriculum vitae to the Search Committee by emailing the Search Committee for Periodontics Chair/Director (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org).
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Equity at 216-368-3066 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.