Case Western Reserve University School of Law is hiring a Foreign Graduate Legal Studies Fellow for the 2019-2020 academic year. This is a one-year fellowship position, with possible renewal for an additional year, depending on need and funding. 12-month salary will be $60,000. Health benefits are available. The Foreign Graduate Legal Studies Fellow will teach and work with the Director of the LL.M. Program and other professors and staff in the Office of Foreign Graduate Legal Studies. Posting will remain open until filled.
Essential Functions of the position include:
• Work collaboratively with LL.M. faculty, administration and students to fulfill current curriculum needs, based on the number of students, various degrees and available classes;
• Teach, advise and support international students that are experiencing a U.S. law school academic environment for the first time;
• Primarily teach Introduction to U.S. Law and U.S. Legal Writing to international LL.M. students. May teach other classes, as needed;
• Assist in supervising the Tutoring Program that provides peer tutors for classes in the LL.M. curriculum; and
• Participate in LL.M. orientation at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters.
Other Functions of the position may include:
• Assist with the Summer Language and Law Program offered during the month of July for entering LL.M. students;
• Participate in committees as assigned by the Deans or Associate Dean; and
• Perform other duties as requested by the Director of LL.M. Program, the Director of the SJD Program and the Associate Dean for Global Legal Studies.
• A J.D. degree from an approved, ABA-accredited school, with a record of high academic achievement;
• Admission to the bar in at least one U.S. jurisdiction;
• Strong interest in working closely with international students; and
• Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Send application materials to Professor Jack Turner, Case Western Reserve University, School of Law, 11075 East Blvd., Room 206, Cleveland, Ohio 44106