The Department of Accountancy, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, invites applications for an open-rank, non-tenure track, full-time position, beginning July 1, 2020.
Responsibilities and Duties. Teach three 3 credit-hour courses per semester. Support Department efforts to recruit high-quality students and then place graduates with leading employers. Build the Department’s brand by publishing articles in practitioner or academic journals and/or presenting results of research and scholarship to professional and academic communities.
- MBA or similar master’s degree from an AACSB-accredited institution (PhD, DBA, or DM preferred);
- Current CPA or CMA certification;
- Demonstrated ability to teach financial and managerial accounting, basic taxation, and introductory data analytics;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships;
- Superb oral and written English skills; and
- Eligibility for full-time employment in the United States.
Other Qualifications. Competitive candidates for:
- Assistant Professor have 5+ years of significant, relevant work experience and evidence for potential research and scholarly contributions.
- Associate Professor have 10+ years of significant, relevant work experience and evidence of completed research and scholarly contributions.
- Full Professor have 15+ years of significant, relevant work experience and a track record of delivering research and scholarly contributions.
How to Apply. Applicants must submit the following to Elaine Iannicelli, Department Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, before December 1, 2019:
- A cover letter, including indication of rank sought by applicant;
- A CV detailing education, work, teaching and publication experiences;
- A writing sample; and
- Three letters of reference for applicants for Assistant Professor; six letters of reference for applicants for Associate or Full Professor.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Equity at 216-368-3066 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.