Post-Doc, Cardiovascular Medicine
Title: Research Associate/Postdoctoral Fellow
Department: Medicine/Cardiovascular Medicine
Supervisor (s) Name and Title: Varun Sundaram, M.D.; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Attending in Cardiology, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center; Sanjay Rajagopalan, Director, CVRI
I. STATEMENT OF RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- A highly motivated and skilled researcher to work on cardiovascular outcomes research. Our research group uses routinely collected anonymized nationally representative electronic health records. The studies involve the use of very large datasets of linked electronic health records and the post holder will carry out data management and analyses of these data. In addition, he/she will be expected to submit publications to refereed journals, prepare study reports and present the findings.
- As a Research associate/Scientist, he/she will present data at departmental seminars and scientific meetings, prepare manuscripts, and contribute preliminary data for grant proposals.
II. TECHNICAL SKILLS
- For this post, you should have experience with analyses involving longitudinal data, electronic healthcare records or large datasets
- Experience in data/statistical analysis with the use of Stata or R (preferably Stata).
- To prepare the large datasets for analysis for a program of work around heart failure, diabetes and vascular disease. This will include merging, cleaning and categorizing the data, and (under the supervision of the PI) developing and applying code lists for the variables of interest.
- Develop statistical analysis plans and conduct analyses
- To ensure the validity and reliability of data at all times
- To maintain accurate and complete records of all findings
- To assist with the writing of reports
- To assist with the publication of findings
- To attend relevant workshops and conferences as necessary
IV. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum qualifications include a Ph.D. in epidemiology, medical statistics or related field
- The successful candidate must have strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
Send inquiries containing a cover letter, CV with list of publications and contact information for three references to CVRI@case.edu. All applications should be submitted to both email addresses.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.