Postdoctoral Scholar, Pharmacology
Title: Postdoctoral Scholar
Supervisor Name and Title: Marvin Nieman, PhD, Associate Professor and Interim Associate Dean for Graduate Education
I. STATEMENT OF RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
● A highly motivated and skilled researcher to work on protease mediated signaling using biophysical, cell biology, or in vivo approaches.
● As a Postdoctoral Scholar, he/she will present data at departmental seminars and scientific meetings, prepare manuscripts, and contribute preliminary data for grant proposals.
● Candidate will manage in vivo thrombosis models or recombinant protein production and biophysical analysis.
II. TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Experience with cell signaling approaches
- Experience with animal models of disease or protein biophysics.
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervise laboratory technicians/assistants and graduate student trainees in experimental design and data analysis of a variety of projects.
IV. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum qualifications include a MD or PhD
- The successful candidate must have strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
Send inquiries containing a cover letter, CV with list of publications and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should be submitted to both email addresses.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.