Title: Postdoc fellow
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Location: Sears Tower
Supervisor Name and Title: Satish Viswanath, Assistant Professor
I. STATEMENT OF RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The qualified candidate is responsible for the supervision of research projects in the field of image analytic/machine learning algorithms for interventional applications in gastrointestinal cancers and diseases. This includes experimental planning, data analysis, oral and written presentation of the results to the Faculty Mentor, collaborators or external parties, writing and revision of manuscripts for publications on scientific journals and of grants proposals for funding from the main funding entities (NIH, NCI, CDMRP, NSF) as well as foundations and private donors. Candidate should be experienced in dealing with large scale data sets and developing algorithms and computing technologies to process imaging data, extract computerized features, and analyze radiographic and digitized histology images using machine and deep learning methods. Knowledge of extensive coding in MATLAB/Python/C++ and prior experience with medical imaging or machine learning is desired.
As a postdoctoral fellow, he/she will present data at departmental seminars and scientific meetings, prepare manuscripts, and apply for grant proposals. Managerial experience will be looked upon favorably
II. TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Experience in designing and implementing image analysis architectures for generation and processing of medical imaging data
- A high level of experience with data analysis, machine learning, and image processing
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a multitude of advanced pattern recognition, image analysis techniques including image registration, segmentation, fusion, as well as supervised and unsupervised learning approaches
- Experience with data analysis systems such as: MATLAB, Python
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise laboratory technicians/assistants and student trainees in experimental design and data analysis of a variety of projects.
IV. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum qualifications include a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Research background and relevant experience in one or more of: medical image analysis, computer vision, image registration, pattern recognition, machine/deep learning, and/or feature extraction
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Send inquiries containing a cover letter, CV with list of publications and contact information for three references to Satish.email@example.com