Postdoctoral Fellow in Ultrasound Contrast Agent Development
The Case Center for Imaging Research in the Department of Radiology at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine is seeking two Postdoctoral Scholars to develop multi-functional nanobubble contrast agents for ultrasound molecular imaging and ultrasound-mediated drug delivery. The positions are available with a start date of December 1, 2019.
The ideal candidates will be creative, curious, collaborative and highly motivated. Required skills include experience with lipid-based nanoparticle formulation, functionalization, optical imaging and in vitro and in vivo characterization. Experience in medical ultrasound, acoustics, bubble dynamics, signal processing and related specialized techniques is highly desirable. Other related skills include the development and discovery of new methodologies and validation of the existing approaches in drug delivery for cancer therapy, specifically in formulation, characterization and assessment of ultrasound contrast agents, or nanobubbles, and microbubbles along with related cell and in vivo assays. Also needed is expertise in cell culture and cell-based assays and basic molecular biology techniques such as protein extraction and quantification. Experience with executing in vivo studies involving the handling, care and use of laboratory animals and surgical procedures related to tumor inoculation and therapy are desirable.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Planning and executing between 3-4 projects in collaboration with the PI and collaborators as well as other faculty members from CWRU and other academic institutions.
- Develop the experimental design for the project which includes contrast agent preparation.
- Perform data analysis utilizing tools available in the laboratory or will participate in the development of new tools if necessary.
- Participate in discovery based development of new interventional radiology approaches.
- Prepare manuscripts and contribute preliminary data, background and significance and experimental design for grant proposals.
- Conduct research for a variety of biological and potentially clinical problems based upon the interests of the collaborating PIs.
- Supervise graduate students and undergraduate students in conducting sample preparation, experimental design and data analysis of a variety of projects.
The position requires a PhD degree in biomedical or chemical engineering, physics, biophysics, radiological sciences or related field and 0-1 years of prior postdoctoral experience with multiple publications. Competitive salary and fringe benefits including health insurance are included.
Interested candidates should send their CV, and contact information for three references to Agata Exner at firstname.lastname@example.org
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Required education: Doctorate
Required experience: Graduate degree, multiple peer reviewed publications
Job Type: Full-time