Title: Postdoc fellow
Location: Wolstein Research Building
Supervisor Name and Title: Reshmi Parameswaran, Assistant Professor
I. STATEMENT OF RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The qualified candidate is responsible for the supervision of research projects in the field of immunotherapy (specifically preclinical models of cancer) in all their aspects. This includes experimental planning, data analysis, oral and written presentation of the results to the Faculty Mentor, collaborators or external parties, writing and revision of manuscripts for publications on scientific journals and of grants proposals for funding from the main funding entities (NIH, NCI) as well as foundations and private donors. Candidate should be experienced in handling mice.
As a Research associate, he/she will present data at departmental seminars and scientific meetings, prepare manuscripts, and apply for grant proposals. Managerial experience will be looked upon favorably
II. TECHNICAL SKILLS
- High level of experience in handling mice required
- A high level of experience with flow cytometry will be required
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a multitude of advanced biochemistry techniques such as: qPCR, CRISPR, lentivirus design, immunohistochemistry staining and enzymatic activity assays.
- Experience with data analysis systems such as: Prism, R
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise laboratory technicians/assistants and student trainees in experimental design and data analysis of a variety of projects.
IV. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum qualifications include a Ph.D. in biotechnology or molecular or cell biology.
- Prior post-doctoral research experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience in drug development, novel protein interactions, in vivo animal assays, biochemistry techniques essential.
- The successful candidate must have strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
Send inquiries containing a cover letter, CV with list of publications and contact information for three references to email@example.com